Monday, January 27, 2014

Sylvania Ohio wainscot project matching up in the hallway

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Here are some pictures of a revisit to a job I worked on several months ago.  We are continuing on with the same theme through the entry way and the island at the kitchen.

This before picture shows what the outside of the island looked like, with a brick finish.  It was stripped away, in favor of the new design...


Here I am making a foot rest on the end.Its a simple box design, anchored to the floor and the island, and capped with poplar.  I put a rounded edge on it to help keep from scuffing.



Looking at the rest of the hallway, I continued the shaker design that I had previously installed in the initial visit several months back...




And back at the island, I have built up each corner to make it appear as a "beefier" post.  In the future, we plan to continue the larger posts up to the top, and remodel the kitchen.  Once finished completely, each corner will be a strong visual tie in.


And finally, Ive added vinyl stair treads to the foot rest for additional protection.






TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment